Friday 24 February 2017

My Art Journal Journey BEGINS


Hi all and welcome back to my blog

I am so excited to be doing this blog post and sharing with you all as it has been a long time coming and something I have been wanting to do for such a long time now. I finally got a Dylusions Creative Journal for my birthday and could not wait to get stuck in. Products used are linked at the end of this post 

This is how my first page started out AFTER I gesso'ed and stamped the whole page. (When you look closely at the page it self you can slightly see some stamping under the paint just peeking through)


I love love love how my background came together this was done using Dylusions Paint I used my fingers and then a baby wipe.

After this was all dry then came the scary part bringing it more to life with a design and here is mine 


I hand drew the dream catcher and all the detail in it with pencil and then went over it all with black acrylic paint, I then concentrated on doing the feathers which was done free-hand with white acrylic paint and grey acrylic paint once these were dry I then put in the detail on joining the feathers to the dream catcher and I used a embossing stylus to make the dots with black acrylic paint.





The quote was done through a stencil using white acrylic paint with a make-up sponge then outlined with my white gel pen once it was dry, I also then added in all the white detailing on the dream catcher with my white gel pen, Lastly came the stars fro the same stencil as the quote and I did these using some Iridescent medium through the stencil using a spatula.



To bring it altogether I doodled a border with the white gel pen and then went around the page edges with my black ink pad.

I absolutely loved doing this and really enjoyed myself I even enjoyed getting really messy with the paint (was the fun part), I hope you have enjoyed looking at my first art journal page and will continue to follow me on my art journal journey.

Xx The Crafty Bat xX


<

No comments:

Post a Comment